Monday, June 11, 2007

Research Week 3

Progress Update:

June 14, 2007
June 13, 2007

I met with Dr. Chapman, my research advisor, today for the research project. Though he shed some light on some issues with the principles of application development, and the approach to take on the project, there are apparently a lot of work to be done.

I'm still not sure what are the tools used to compile programs for the OpenMoko hardware. I am investigating OpenEmbedded for compiling, Subversion for code source, and running OpenMoko natively on my computer using Xoo and Xephyr.

June 12, 2007

-----

I've finally gotten the OpenMoko emulator running without crashing, so the next logical step is to write a program to run on it. Since the architecture is GTK+2.0 based, I'm and will be reading the GTK+ Tutorial. Here are the objectives of the week:
  • Finish GTK+ Tutorial. Done 6/12/2007.
  • Figure out how to get programs running on the emulator
  • Read official app sources
----
The new desktop:


After clicking bottom left corner ->
----
The old desktop:

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home