Research Week 2 Goals
Last week I've been busy setting up the development environment for my research. Installing Ubuntu on my computer was the easy part; building and compiling the platform software (also Linux) on the computer was extremely time consuming. The first time I build the platform image, I didn't have the necessary package quilt, so the build process failed after 4 or 5 hours of compiling. The second time I try to build it, the process must have taken more than 7 hours of compiling and several hours installing the dependency packages for the build. I'm not really sure how long the entire build too since I just left it running at night.
When I tried to build the emulator using the Makefile, I get the message that files not found on server (unable to download necessary files). Since I was not able to get all of the goals for last week done, here is the expanded list I'd like to get done this week:
Here are some pictures of my work in past few days:


When I tried to build the emulator using the Makefile, I get the message that files not found on server (unable to download necessary files). Since I was not able to get all of the goals for last week done, here is the expanded list I'd like to get done this week:
- Compile and run OpenMoko QEmu emulator. Done 6/4/2007.
- Compile and run demo programs: openmoko-stylus-demo, openmoko-finger-demo, openmoko-chordmaster. Done 6/4/2007.
- Write and compile a simple program.
Here are some pictures of my work in past few days:


Labels: research

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home