Summer 07 REU
It's been a while since I posted any entry. My last entry was posted in August of last year about my trip to Mobile where I ran my car into another car in front of me at a intersection stop sign -- ah, how funny when looking back. So after about a year of non-posting and another major car repair, I'm here again writing another entry (Why do I always get into car problem?).
I don't remember the details, but here is a summary of what happened in the gap of about a year. I started going to Chi Alpha events after moving back from Huntsville, though I still think the Huntsville church is more spiritual. School wise, I took Statistics in the Fall of 2006 as well as in Spring 2007 because I wasn't satisfied with the effort I put into the first time. Also, I played a ton of tennis between now and then and bought a Babolat PureDrive because of my wrist injuries.
So this summer, I'm working in the undergraduate research program sponsored by the National Science Foundation at the Computer Science and Software Engineering here in Auburn. One of the requirements for the program is to keep a journal of what we're doing, so I guess that's one of the reason of me coming back.
It's the first week with 3 days of lecture by Dr. Biaz on research. He gave me a laptop to do whatever I want, but one draw back is I do have to return in after the program :(
We went to Shogun tonight for the welcome dinner. I had some delicious sushi! Tomorrow is when we select our research topic. I hope there are some interesting stuff awaiting us!
I don't remember the details, but here is a summary of what happened in the gap of about a year. I started going to Chi Alpha events after moving back from Huntsville, though I still think the Huntsville church is more spiritual. School wise, I took Statistics in the Fall of 2006 as well as in Spring 2007 because I wasn't satisfied with the effort I put into the first time. Also, I played a ton of tennis between now and then and bought a Babolat PureDrive because of my wrist injuries.
So this summer, I'm working in the undergraduate research program sponsored by the National Science Foundation at the Computer Science and Software Engineering here in Auburn. One of the requirements for the program is to keep a journal of what we're doing, so I guess that's one of the reason of me coming back.
It's the first week with 3 days of lecture by Dr. Biaz on research. He gave me a laptop to do whatever I want, but one draw back is I do have to return in after the program :(
We went to Shogun tonight for the welcome dinner. I had some delicious sushi! Tomorrow is when we select our research topic. I hope there are some interesting stuff awaiting us!
Labels: research

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home