Metallic Flat Pick

I had a little metal shaping project of my own today. I took an ordinary metallic finger picking pick, flattened it using a set of pliers, and turned the finger style pick into a flat pick! :D See the picture on the right.
The experiment was conceived, because I thought, the metallic finger pick sounds nice and bright when the strings are struck one at a time, so what would strumming with a metallic pick sound like?
It turns out that metal does not make a good flat pick for strumming. One of the reason is that, the pick could damage the strings. On a classical guitar, I can imagine doing some serious damage to its nylon strings. I have steel string so the danger is not so apparent. As for the sound goes, it sounds like metal scratching metal, and it's not because I have steel string, but because of the grooves wrapped around the slower strings. Overall, it sounds really chaotic with all the scratchy noise.
Tennis was lot of fun, and a good work out tonight. Thanks for the invite guys!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home