Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Supercomputers, Anyone?

So the construction workers started another dig today on the side walk in front of the Mary Martin. Since that my normal route to my public speaking class, I had to go around the construction site therefore risking my life by walking on the road with the cars, and bikes..

Speaking of public speaking, I got the score for my informative speech back. I got 85 which is lower than my first speech. I almost had a heart attack when I see the score. I put so much effort into that speech and I know I definitely did better than the first speech, and still got a lower grade?! I did go over the time for 1.5 minutes, so I got 10 points taken off there <-- pissed.. Anyways, have to work harder on the next speech.

Our networks class joined Dr. Carlisle Principle of Programming Language class for a special presentation about supercomputers at Alabama presented by Dr. David Young from the Alabama Supercomputer Authority in Huntsville (I'll try to put a picture up later). I didn't realize that educational institutions in the state can request for free computation time on the most power computers in Alabama.

Currently at the library. It's hard to get any peace tonight. Some people came to our apartment b/c a girl is supposed to leave tomorrow for Hawaii, so I came to the library. After coming to the library, some people were talking loudly in the computer lab about random and uninteresting facts they saw on the facebook. Not one of the best days..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home